A Couple of Tips for New People to this Forum.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grits, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Please follow these simple tips. They will help you get more out of this forum.

DON'T TYPE IN ALL CAPS. IT MEANS YOU ARE YELLING AND MORE SO IT JUST HURTS PEOPLE'S EYES.

Don't Type With The First Letter Of Every Word Capitalized. Hurts The Eyes.

please use some sort of punctuation it is hard to read a post when there is no punctuation i am going to just keep typing so you can try to read this and see how hard it is i know it is faster to type without such things as commas and periods but it will be easier for everyone to read this post isn't to make anyone mad it is just a few pointers that will be apreciated by a lot of people on the forum so do not take it personally i am just trying to help you out a little bit

2. Damian

Damian LawnSite Member

I find it helps to lead by example than decree...

3. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice post Grits!

4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

thatS reallY annoyinG.

5. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

When someone breaks your rules Grits it is easy to identify their age. This is the common way for our 14-19 year population to communicate. :hammerhead:

6. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

NOT EVERYONE HAS A SOUND CARD!!:drinkup:

7. flakebortch

flakebortch LawnSite Member

?oot seye ruoy truh siht seoD

8. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes. This does hurt my eyes too!

9. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

I'm 62 years old and do not how this "yelling"bit got started. My first typewriter was an old Underwood noisless portable( dad was in the office equipment business) vintage about 1939-40. It had all caps, block letters and nobody considered it "yelling"

10. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

Well, with the advent of texting, instant messaging, etc, folks have tried to find ways to express themselves more clearly, and express emotions as well. Emoticons help with that, but the use of bold, italic, underlining, and caps all help to reach that end. :usflag: