A couple things I think Exmark needs to change

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Keith, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Basically I have noticed a couple things on my Lazer (other than the obvious EFI Kohler problems :D ) that I think could be changed for the better. Here they are:

1. The new, improved, fully-welded anti-scalp roller mounting plates. Looks good from the top, but they are wide open underneath. Grass gets stuck in there! Especially on the lip on the deck. You have to dig it out with your fingers. At least when they were open you could blow it out or knock it out with a stick or something. They need to be welded up completely.

2. What is with the skid strips in the foot well? They're like paper. These are what mine look like at 5 months old and 150 hours. They really need to do something about these.

2. Keith

Now here are the ones on my 4+ year old, 1810 hour Kees that stays out all the time.

3. Keith

BTW, here's a pic of the anti-scalp roller plates that were welded up in 2003. I only figured out later that this was not such a good idea. Now the triangular hole underneath isn't all that big, but it's plenty big to get wet grass clippings stuck up in there. And just small enough that it makes it a pain in the azz to get it out :dizzy:

4. GreenMachine102

GreenMachine102 LawnSite Member

Is your lazer out in the rain and elements all of the time, It looks rusty on the control panel!????
  5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Thats not his lazer, it's his 4 year old Kees with 1810 hours on it that stays out all the time.

6. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Looks like Exmark went cheap on the skid tape compared to Kees. Actually I've never seen skid tape hold up as well as it has on that Kees.
  7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Maybe Exmark should using extruded metal for their foot pan. Jd is doing it on their new ztrs. Pic turned out kind of blurry but you can see the raised holes in the foot pan for safety.

8. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

What do you do to that foot plate ?!?!?

I have an HP with 150 hours on it, the foot plate area still looks brand new.
    Have you been blasting it with a pressure washer????
    Does the machine stay outside?????
  9. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Lesco also uses the metal footplate..

10. The opening for the anti sca;p rollers; give or take. I got them open and would like the closed ones. Why not just close the bottem off too?

All my foot plates look like your with many more hours on them though, no biggy. It s from pressure washing it.