A couple ????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOWME, Feb 6, 2002.

1. MOWME

MOWME LawnSite Member

OK, I have a question. Each manufacturer has its own philosophy on deck design. For instance TORO/EXMARK (same corporation) use two totally different deck designs and reps from each half of the company use each others design philosophy as selling points for the exact opposite reason. Toro Superflo versus Exmark UltraCut, who is right?? I have seen the exmark and it has a great cut. Haven't seen the Toro in a real world application. Also, everybody has a different take on blades. Have seen some double, the excalibur (exmark), gator etc all out of different mat's (carbide,marbane,etc.). What is the blade with the best dispersion on the exmark(thick fertilized grass)?

2. KJC Landscaping

KJC Landscaping LawnSite Member

I run gator blades on my Exmark and they work great. A few lawns are always wet and really thick, I never have a problem. Now all I buy are gator"s.

3. huskertaz

huskertaz LawnSite Member

I use Gator Blades on my 48" Scag and they work ok. I use 2 gators and then on the outside chute side I use a high lift blade to dispurse the clippings furhter and more evenly. I was told this works pretty good and it seems to work well for me. Anyone else tried this or heard of it.

Erik

4. I use Silver Streak. They also make Gators.

5. BRIAN GALLO

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

Although Exmark is owned by Toro (who also owns Lawnboy) I believe they are all still being run as "individual entities" and each go after their own marketing strategy. I like the cut I get from the Toro SFS deck with gator blades, especially in high wet turf.