A day from HELL!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Apr 25, 2008.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Yesterday started out just like every other day I guess. It was the last of our big clean ups and mulching. I had the guys cleaning out flowerbeds while I was starting to edge flowerbeds at the upper half of these condo's. Well, first my back goes out sending me to the ground barley able to breath, I manage to get to my feet and huntched over and kept edging. About 1 minute later the edger starts acting wierd then before I knew it the handle snaps at the neck sending me arss over tin cups down hill, I ended up about 3 inches from the running blade! THEN, later in the day my dumpbed decides to stop working, the brushes were froze up so we had to stop once again so I could take it to the dealer who got it fixed an hour later. Hopefully bad things come in 3's and we're done. Today (this morning) my back is so bad I can hardly move, I hate getting old!

2. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Just have your guys dig you a 6'x4' hole at each of your properties. That way, if you kick the bucket, they can dispose of you and keep working at keeping your legacy going. :canadaflag:

That s why I roll with an enclosed trailer. It was embarassing having people see the dead grunts that kick it when we work all out there in the open trailer, especially if we dont dump em right away and they stiffen up. Hey, I have feelings too ya know.

Gettin' old does suck .... 36 here.

3. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

43 here, fellers Im tired. I just ordered an inversion table for my back, I hope that helps. Im working hard while there still some left in me , I trying to get in great shape money wise by the time I reach 50 so I can cut back to something like 6 to 8 houses per day and work only 40 hours per week.

4. LedgedaleLawn

LedgedaleLawn LawnSite Senior Member

If someone has never had their back go out, they cant even imagine how bad it hurts. I feel for you.

5. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Same here, back problems are no fun.

6. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

You all sound like a bunck of "CROWDADS"..LOL....just kidding. I may not be hang out in jurassic park like some of you fellas but ive been down that road with the back problems. Best of luck hope your back feels better!:cool2: