A day of maintenance

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by grassyfras, May 7, 2006.

1. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Do any of you guys charge by the day to do maintenance? I was wondering if anyone has a set price for say 8 hours of work and dipose of whatever the guys pull or trim. I would like to start charging like this instead of hourly. Im thinking 300 per man for a day with a pick-up ruck full of weeds and bush trimmings would be decent. What do you think?

2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I don"t know.

1 man on job?
    You would have his wages, taxes, etc, then include time to dump, dumping fees

Now if you had 2 men on the job at 300.00 for 8 hours work, then they would only be there for 4 hrs each, and go to another job, that might be good, if you can sell enough to keep them working.

3. Natural Impressions

Natural Impressions LawnSite Member

For any business you should have a man hr set, even for yourself. My man hr. is set around $35-45 an hr. ( with gas prices it has gone up a little from $35) and some people get more. That includes all costs, mans pay, insurances, taxes, and so on. That doesn't include any dumping fees, or cost to dump( insurance, gas for vehicle, maintence) and so on. I have been in the lawn business for only 3-4 yrs. now but i did run a demo business for 12 yrs. up until I sold it. Whenever I did business I ran it with the $35hr per man plus dumping fees which ran about $350 per load (8yrd compacity) which included my dumping costs. I try to run my lawn care business in the same manner now. Any service you give you need to make money. To me, if you are removing leaves for 8 hrs (or anything else), or removing concrete for 8 hrs. I want to make the same amount per man.

4. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Good advice, I would just add if your work is equipment intensive you may want to charge a little more. Only you know what your costs are and what you need to charge.

5. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a man set hour but I would like to just charge people for a day or half day of labor. Kind of like a minimum charge.