A dead well

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Property I looked at and am thinking of buying has a well that went dry. It is shallow about 30' and was spring fed at one time. the wells in this area need to be 200' to 400' down. Fractured rock no aquifers. Apparently the well stopped after a big flood in 97. I think it silted up somehow. Anyway I've told this once but repeating now that I have the pics. I wonder (ooops sorry boots) if I can get this flowing again. A drainage creek has a small continuous stream about 20' away and 15' or so below so I know I'm not to far from some water table. You can't drop a drill down without removing the shed roof. I'm envisioning ways I can at least eliminate the possibility of revitalizing this well. It has a 1000 gallon cistern to haul water to. A new well assuming no dry holes will be a minimum of 15,000.

IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0374.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

What is with all the "warnings"?
    Are they warning you not to drink the water? :laugh:

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Look up hydrofracturing.

4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Or hire an army of worms.

5. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Is there a question in here somewhere?

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I have a lot of questions concerning Boots sanity.

7. I wonder (ooops sorry boots) if I can get this flowing again?

The warnings are for winterizing.

I understand hydro fracturing but read my post a wee more careful. Before I go through the cost of fracturing I'd like to know this well is no good ever again.

8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

It probably never was that good. If it was me , I would have a well drill and if that can be revived , use it for irrigation

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

If the well is completely dry, then it qualifies as no good. Did you get a price for augering it deeper? (Roof is disposable, in the larger picture)

10. Won't be any irrigation on this property. That's the house water.