A different kind of "Which Brand Is Best"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Machine Mowing, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Green Machine Mowing

Green Machine Mowing LawnSite Member

I started a small engine repair shop this spring and got setup with Tanaka and Dolmar handhelds and am really pleased with them. Over the winter I would like to establish a relationship with someone who does Commercial WB's/ ZTR's. Toro is out of the question. Other then that I think all brands are open for my area. I also plan on picking up Ventrac, tho I do not plan on selling a whole lot of them. So who would you pick? I am leaning a little toward bobcat as I already have a relationship w/ them and IIRC their warehouse is pretty close.

2. DavidD

DavidD LawnSite Member
    from sc

Have you considered Efco? I have a few of the saws run them daily for over 2 yrs and havent had any issues at all with them.

3. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

I don't think anyone would even attempt to give you educated advice without first knowing a WHOLE LOT more about you and your situation.

Good luck, Stan

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  4. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm a big fan of both exmark and scag, because of little downtime. I would think as a dealer you would want to carry machines with small issues, then stay on top of everything with great customer service.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Stan is right as most of us don't have enough knowledge on the dealer side of things. Anyways Scag and Exmark would be my top choices. But as a new and small shop they may be hard to get at first. I'd say Bobcat and Snapper Pro would be a good place to start.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

For what it is worth, my dealer has told me several times that Gravely is the easiest company to work with in regards to warranty claims, dealer programs, etc, among the brands he carries. (Gravely, Toro, Walker, and Scag)

7. Green Machine Mowing

David D. I could pick up Efco pretty easily, as a matter of fact I asked my sales rep to bring some demos when he gets a chance.

Thanks for the advice MOturkey, that is the kind of info I am looking for. :drinkup:

8. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

Efco does not compare to the dolmar saws nor does there weed eaters. If you could add redmax would be a good trimmer addition. Bobcat is a solid choice in commercial mowers.

9. Green Machine Mowing

I have heard alot of good things from Redmax. I am pleased with the handheld I have now, my main quest is someone who cant get me commercial equipment.

10. MONTE

MONTE LawnSite Senior Member

What is available in your are? What is already being sold? You mentioned bobcat and that is a Very Good and complete line from walks to z turns. Also with it you should have access to the ryan line.