A different method for distributing flyers...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Adam3669, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

Now, I know we've all heard about how you can put a little postcard in a sandwhich bag with some rocks and toss it onto the driveway, but is there a way to do this with full sized flyers?

This method saves so much time,rather than walking from house to house individually to hang your flyers...especially when putting out numbers in the thousands.

So, is there a method for doing this?
    As in are there bags you could use for a full page flyer?
    Any one tried this?

Thanks guys/gals...

-Adam

2. bigkyle

bigkyle LawnSite Member

if someone was to throw a flyer in my driveway i would prob run it over when i got home because i wasn't looking at the ground when i was driving. Just something to think about.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

We just HAD this conversation!

4. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, but I have heard several different opinions on the issue.
    I know many guys hate the idea of this, while many have had great success from this method.

By brother received 27 new accounts this past year from this method using postcards, so that is why I was asking about the flyers.

Thanks!

5. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

You can buy bags that can fit a full-sized flyer in. Actually there are several distribution companies around here that do this, they bundle a bunch of flyers into a bag and throw them on the driveways.

Really...flyers either irritate, piss-off, annoy or otherwise just get trashed by 97%+ of their recipients...so don't worry about those people. Every LCO on here has their own opinions on the 'right' or 'professional' way to advertise. To each his own, whatever is most effective for you.

6. Dean of Green

Dean of Green LawnSite Senior Member

bigkyle: if someone was to throw a flyer in my driveway i would prob run it over when i got home because i wasn't looking at the ground when i was driving. Just something to think about.

Interesting..........what do you look at when driving?

7. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

That is the most unprofessional thing I have ever heard of. A sandwich bag with a flier in it tossed into the driveway?:hammerhead: I would be surprised if someone doesn't turn you in for littering.

8. Lawns by Steve

Lawns by Steve LawnSite Member

I too am new to this industry and I would never think of throwing my flyer on someones driveway. I think if you can't take the time to be professional enough to place it on the door of your prospected customer then don't bother handing out flyers. I would and do throw away anything that is placed in my driveway.

9. Brian997

Brian997 LawnSite Member

I'm not going to tell you my opinion on this topic, because thats not what you asked. So, to answer your question, have you thought of folding the flyer in thirds?

10. Lawns by Steve

Lawns by Steve LawnSite Member

If it works more power to you, I personally wouldn't. Everyone has a method that works for them but may not work for others. Good luck this season.