A different take on Lawn Software.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Midstate Lawncare, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Midstate Lawncare

Midstate Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I offer more than just mowing/fertilizing. I will offer mosquito, mole control tree and shrub care this coming year. Wich lawn and landscape software package offers more than just one application window????

2. STRINGALATION

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

i like the one at the top of the page GROUNDSKEEPER

3. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

you can add many services to qxpress. Different crews, different job types. Lots of options. let them do a demo online for you and ask lots of questions.

4. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Check out gophersoftware.com.

5. Doug1966

Doug1966 LawnSite Member

like grass-scapes said, do an online demo. do one with each company (gopher, groundskeeper, qxpress) and have their reps walk you through the program and show you how to use it. i think they all over a free demonstration for about 30 minutes.

personally, we use QXpress, but you have to use QuickBooks to use QXpress.

6. Midstate Lawncare

Midstate Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Guys. Can you schedule more than one type of recurring chemical application, I offer mosquito control on a monthly basis, tree and shrub fertilizing (w/mauget injections only when needed), perimeter pest control, landscape weed control, obviously weed control/fert,.... I don't want to download anything yet, I'm just not sure on how many, or even if there is a max # of chemical apps you can have. Groundskeeper and gopher both look good and qxpress is a little on the expensive side. (I'm a cheap a$$) but if I have to, I'll spend it.

7. Tim's Lawn Care LLC.

Tim's Lawn Care LLC. LawnSite Member

I've been searching along time and still can't find any software thats compatible w/Mac . Anyone ?

8. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Get a cheap PC and use it for business only. Tax write-off as a benefit.

9. STRINGALATION

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

what's a mac? lol

in the late 80's and early 90'2 doing audio and graphics no mac no programs

10. bare spot

bare spot LawnSite Bronze Member

tim, saw one the other day from quickbooks, think it's call quick books pro 2007 for mac, somebody there mention it was written by mac people (and u know how easy macs are to use). anyway was planning to look into this further after the holiday and to maybe try and get things set up asap for new yr. check it out and see if that helps