1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

A different way to get new customers?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by G.M.Landscaping, Mar 14, 2006.

1. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Do you think adding this to my current billing invoices is a good or bad idea?

Receive one free cut for referring a new customer that signs up for a years contract or other service.

Not sure on one or two cuts thou. Who doesn't want to save money. It might be a good incentive.

Just an idea.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

It's a good idea...you might want to make it more enticing and not make them wait a year to get the credit though.

The problem is, most people do not really read their bills, they just look for the balance and that's about it. So if you just add a blurb at the bottom most of them won't even read it. Maybe design a separate flyer describing the referral program on a different color paper and insert it with their bill. Something that will grab their attention.
  3. G.M.Landscaping

Good points. I would give them a credit as soon as the new client signs a contract, so no waiting a year.
    A seperate colored page with that would work. Or typing in big red letters on their invoice.
  4. Luvs2Play

Luvs2Play LawnSite Member

If you do that, it might be a good idea to give them a free cut in August when things are slower. I wouldn't want to give it in the spring when you're cutting 3" off.
  5. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I use to offer this..... I got a few referrals but it didn't ring my phone off the hook.....

6. G.M.Landscaping

Guess I'll try it this year and see what happens.