A Double-Triple

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Toroguy, Jun 6, 2002.

1. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive been picking up alot of neighbors on my route these past weeks.

I now have a "double triple", which defined is a stop with three customers all adjacent, with the following stop also having three adjacent customers. I like it.

I do not have any clusters of more than three? Only one other cluster of three on a separate day. Lots of twos and singles...

Anyone else strive for the cluster stop?

2. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Clusters are definetly the way to go. I have a cluster of 6, two clusters of 5 and three clusters of 4 accounts. I've also been in business for awhile. It takes time to get clusters, but be patient. I'm so spoiled now, about the only way I'll take on any new accounts is if they become part of an existing cluster. Good luck!!!

LAWNS AND MOWER

3. DBLC

DBLC LawnSite Member
    from AR

We have a circle with 7 houses on it. ALL in walking distance. Start the first and walk to the last......its GREAT!! Wish I had MORE!!!!!:D

4. CLM1103

CLM1103 LawnSite Member

I have a cluster with 11, one with 8, three with 5, one with 4 and lots of two's. It sure cuts down on overall time plus much less walking when you can mow 6-8 yards, edge 6-8, weadeat 6-8 and them blow them off without loading equipment and unloading at each lawn.

5. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

So when you guys get clusters of two or so, ( I have two clusters of 4) when you guys mow, do you just do it all at the same time? Or would you just do them separatley w/o unloading anything? I have always wondered what to do.

6. Grass_Slayer

Grass_Slayer LawnSite Member

i just got a cluster of two for sure today. i like not having to move for an hour and a half to do 2 yards. i need to get some more of these!!!

7. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

Thats great to hear. None of mine are more than 2 miles apart. thats the best I can do for now.

8. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I have one cluster of 33...the rest are all clusters of 5 and 6. My furthest account is 2 miles from my home. I will not take on a mowing account unless its in the same neighborhood as other accounts.

9. MATTHEW

MATTHEW LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE OHIO

Profit is the way we get paid and dollars/hr must be the focus.
    I have a cluster on one street. Normally, I would not cut a 4-5,000 square foot lawn for $20, but I do on this street. I usually average $60-75 in the one hour. I make it a point to refine my route each year with less drive time and the profits are going up.:D

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We have one cluster of 9...park in a cul-de-sac, mow 4, then 5 more down the street on both sides without moving the truck.

It's a beautiful thing!