A dye used for spraying chemical?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by beaver29, Sep 2, 2006.

1. beaver29

beaver29 LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know of a dye you can use while spraying chemicals (Round-up) that will show you where you have sprayed already? I heard from someone there is something out there that does this. A red dye.

2. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Blazon Blue

3. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

This is what we use, when the round up isn't mixed w/pre-m that yellow is hard to miss.
    http://www.lesco.com/?PageID=27&ItemNumber=069399

4. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I bought some stuff at Lesco, it's blue. I love it, it fades with UV exposure or rain. Just don't get it under your fingernails. I bought a tip "n" pour bottle for it because it only takes .5 ounces for 3-5 gallens. Heck, after I poured it into the new bottle, I used the rinse from the original to load my backpack, just the film on the inside was enough to more than cover 4 gallons. I think it's the super.......oh heck, here's a pic for you.

DSC01039.jpg

5. deltascapes

deltascapes LawnSite Member

i used when i started 10 years ago but dont use it now just dont like the look plus i keep track where i spray. looks like a smurf exploded on the yard.

6. Tharrell

I use it with glyphosate. It's handy for large mulched areas and parking lots.

7. cvlm

cvlm LawnSite Member

Do you guys mix the Blazon Or tracker Max with everything? I have not used a marker in the past but thinking about it just to be more accurate thanks.:usflag:

8. Tharrell

I use it with most everything. It fades pretty quickly, starts fading right away in sunlight. It's been a real time saver for me. I think that quart was about $25 or so.

9. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

The only thing Id worry about is using it on concrete.....It may not fade fast enough for you clients liking.

I always hated the stuff, it seemed no matter how careful you were, you got some of the dye on your hands, clothes, ect....You want a tracker, just add some scythe to the roundup....in 15 minutes you'll know if you sprayed or not....

Watch out on the tip-pour, you can over tighten and split he cap...Then the real mess would ensue....

Also don't spill any tracker on the boards or wooden flor of your trailer....every time it rains it will bleed blue....

Watch out for the surflan/pre-m stuff. my dad got some on a concrete walk. 4 months later he was replacing a sidewalk...

10. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Blazon washes right off