A.E.L Photo Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AEL, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Cornell

Cornell LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

I doubt you could find something setup to move his machines around for less than 100k that doesn't have some serious miles on it or needs a lot of work. Esp for nice pre-emissions trucks. That coming from from me looking actively for a T800, low boy, end dump and side dump. It's not cheap.

2. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

I would love to get a tractor and low boy but wel see how the rest of the year goes. I already have a hard enough time getting quality employees , let alone a good driver . And Cornell has a good point about wanting a low mileage pre emission unit . Very hard to find
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Kepple Services

Kepple Services LawnSite Senior Member

We purchased a lowboy and a tractor used separately for around 50K between the 2. Ive used the lowboy 3 times this week alone..

Yes the truck has miles on it.. its a tandem truck not a Tri.. has 936,XXX on it.. but is our best running truck we have. The lowboy id older, a 93, but in excellent shape.. Was oned by one company its whole life... They are out there..

4. sepm

sepm LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

I think i saw a certain blue ram parked last night . I guess the work your doing now is around here.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

I think a Tri axle tractor would be over kill for what he's doing. That way it can still pull a dump trailer and be maneuverable. 85k will get you a amazing truck but like kep said you can get a higher mile truck in the 25-30's no problem. Just make sure it has 46k rears and a 13 or 18 speed.
    Maybe if you guys are lucky I will post a pic or two of a real nice looking rig. After it's green and Picasso logos though.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Kepple Services

Kepple Services LawnSite Senior Member

Our truck really is underpowered and only a 10 speed. But I am in Florida, so I don't really have hills to contend with like many others. If I was in upstate NY again, I would be screwed with the truck and never make it up some of the hills... The heaviest I am is 108,600 and that's the lowboy with out 270 Deere on it. We are permitted up to 110,000. Permit is only $509 a year...

We will make this a tractor to only pull our 100 yard walking floor and look for a triaxle heavy haul truck soon. If you weigh the truck and go by axle weights I would have to say we are not legal.. But, until then we roll! Pulling our grinders we are legal in all aspects axle and total weight. The 1300 I believe it 81,000lbs and the 4600 horizontal I think is 86,000 if I remember correctly. Just look for a truck that was used for something else. Ours was a fuel hauler(thus the high miles) that ran 24/7/365 and put the wet line kit on and had to put an adjustable 5th wheel plate on it.

7. TTS

TTS LawnSite Senior Member

Agree with most of your advice but for heavy haul and doing some moving off the pavement I would rather have a 15 than a 13. 18 would be ideal.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. AEL

Where abouts was this?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. sepm

sepm LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

Pinestone? I'm up here working for 2 months. Was that you?

10. AEL

Haha yep that was me , we are doing some grinding up here and stay at the pine stone when we are up here. Are you working at pine stone? Wel grab a beer next week mabee
    Posted via Mobile Device