A.E.L Photo Thread

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AEL, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

A square bail soaked in diesel fuel will get quite the fire going.. You'd be surprised how much it'll burn.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. lumberjack1986

lumberjack1986 LawnSite Senior Member

Get that idea from Chris, Junior?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks Sean. I think it may be easier to clear the half acre using the excavator and make a couple smaller burn piles rather than one large one. They have an area that is cleared, I planned to bushhogg it then start my first pile ASAP. Get one pile burning while I start making a second one. Plus we have another site about 5miles away that was cleared 10months ago and he wants us to burn the pile from that cleanup the property. So I may save money and come out ahead not rushing by renting the 312 for a week and doing both jobs the same week. Plus the cat rental will move the machine from one site to another for $125.

Thanks for the help.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Yep. And it works great. Burnt 4 acres worth of green wood on a job once..
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. KrayzKajun

That's a damn good idea junior.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. KrayzKajun

Sean , I decided on the Cat 312 w/ thumb. Being we have two jobs for the same person that could use the ex, the property owner said to just give him one price for both jobs.

Cat gave me a good price on a week rental and would allow me to take my time on both jobs instead of rushing.
    I just have to decide which job to start on first the cleanup or the clearing job. The cleanup job will prolly burn all in one day. The pile has been rotting/drying for almost a year now. I figure knock that out in one day then have Cat move the excavator to the clearing job and as soon as I get my first pile made from clearing, start burning in small piles on the 1/2 clearing job.

Thanks for all your help.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. lumberjack1986

lumberjack1986 LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have experience with an excavator?

8. KrayzKajun

I have about 500hrs under my belt running a Cat long reach, from after hurricane Katrina. I put 6 hrs on a 312 in may doing a clearing job. Plus a few hundred hours on several different mini Ex's doing landscape work.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

Ahhhh, that's close enough.

10. sepm

sepm LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

any undates?