1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

A feature we did.

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Lynden-Jeff, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Just installed this water feature. looking for some feedback and also what some of you more experienced guys would have charged for something like this. A few things were changed after this however most stayed the same. Planting was to be done by the homeowner which will cover the filter.

2. Lynden-Jeff

second. The pics are of poor quality, my cell phone :hammerhead:

3. srl28

srl28 LawnSite Bronze Member

Its OK but I personally dislike it.

The concrete blocks really detract from the natural pond setting most people want.

The stones are just kind of floating, try to set them in the earth to be as naturally occuring as possible, not just something someone placed on the top of the grass.

I would try to hide that black piping better, a simple umbrella palm or water hyacinth would hide that

Scenic/look wise it needs work IMO but construction looks decent. Good job..Did the customer like it?/ Thats sometimes all that matters
  4. Lynden-Jeff

I am a natural pond guy to but this is what they wanted. They were thrilled. on the right side I did add more dirt so it wasn't so low, also a lilly will be going in to hide that pipe. Generally I would not build a pond like this but its pretty much up to the customer lol.