A few current pictures of my setup.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by stevenf, Aug 21, 2008.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

From last year, I added new BP blower and trimmer racksm the 21" mower, and the 97 GMC Jimmy. Within a few months, I will be getting a 36" WB and a stick edger.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

hows the cut quality of the LawnBoy Z? I don't see too many of those around here. Looks like some nice equipment. What brand is the 21" and what 36 wb are you getting.

3. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good - that's a nice Jimmy you've got there.
    So will the 36" wb replace the lawnboy, or are you keeping both?

Oh, and I don't see the backpack blower - am I missing something?

4. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice setup...what stick edger do you plan to buy?

5. stevenf

The push mower is an Ariens homeowner I think. It was giving to me and I put a b&s engine on it. I figure since the deck is aluminum, and I have a couple push mower engines sitting aroun collecting dust, Ill use this one forever lol.
    The cut on the Lawnboy is OK, It has been a really reliable machine for a homeowner model. I think the problem with the cut is the deck isnt level, Im working on it....
    The backpack blower exhaust bolts broke off in the engine block so I have to send it to a machine shop to get one of them out.
    The 36" mower will replace the Lawnboy. Im going to stick with smaller garden home and 1.4 acre lots after I get the new mower.
    I was considering a Quick 36 but I may stick with a belt drivin WB from a local dealer.
    The stick edger is undecided, I just know I need one....

6. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not to hijack the thread, but if you are interested in buying a hedge trimmer or other attachment as well I recommend getting the Stihl Kombi motor, I love mine. Just don't use it as your only handheld, have a seperate trimmer.

If you just want an edger than I recommend Stihl FC 95, plenty of power but if you do a lot of overgrown edges than go with the FC 110.

7. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Sweet Jimmy! It looks like you're off to a good start, keep up the good work.

8. stevenf

Thanks for the comments guys!
    Ill keep that edger in mind, thanks!

9. Langford2000

Langford2000 LawnSite Member

If you just want an edger than I recommend Stihl FC 95, plenty of power but if you do a lot of overgrown edges than go with the FC 110.[/QUOTE]

I'll second that, I have the 110 with all the attachments but its a little heavy and somewhat of a pain in the butt to constantly change attachments. I use the redmax 2301s for primary trimmers. They are cheap ($250), light (around 9.5lbs), and plenty of power for everyday trimming. I keep the km110 for the heavy stuff.

10. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

yea if i was you i would lok int othe STIHL Kombi unit. i sure wish i did when i was buying my trimmer