A few install pics from late july>

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, Jul 24, 2008.

1. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Check out the Hoss bag....

I love this bag, first saw it in NC with Brandon @ Tom's creek.It weighs a ton but saves me a few trips back and forth to the truck.
    In there is a multimeter,screw drivers,wire nuts, solenoid activator/chatter, wire ties, batteries, Hunter remote, drill bits, Bores.
    As previsly stated it's quite heavy, but worth every pound of it.

[​IMG]

My new shovel and the 410.
    [​IMG]

My first outdoor clock I hung for these guys, the pigtail was temporary until we get the sparky to come out and hardwire.
    [​IMG]

Notice the remote port, 2 of the 3 guys are still fighting me about installing them...I heard management wants them installed every property ....
    [​IMG]

The 410 in action.
    [​IMG]

The 410 stuck.
    [​IMG]
    The MP 3000 blasting water out.....

[​IMG]

I designed this zone and this whole job for a matter of fact..They let me fly and it worked..No problems the job was a 1 horse well 85 feet down dedicated 10-20 gpm @ over 60 pounds...Needless to say the well will pay for the system in 10 years.....

[​IMG]

Homeowner loved this zone.the water was flying

A happy designer/installer W/ Big dog Hunter Remote
    [​IMG]

I love mp rotors.
    [​IMG]

Notice my chew toy with a mp in the backround
    [​IMG]

A few pics of the rotor zones all pgp's screaming about 8-10 heads a zone and I still feel she can push 3 more on each with the pressure
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got a few pats on the back all around from the H/o and mgmt...Sold a remote to the H/O for next year...Notice how dry it is....
    @ first it looked like a bomb went off here but we cleaned her up...barely any roots in the turf so cleanup was tough...Do you see the wireless rain sensor
    [​IMG]

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Spacing in the planting beds will screw the coverage as they fill in. If there is a drawback
    to MPs (other than precipitation rate), it's thinking the coverage will remain the same as
    plantings mature & fill-in. :hammerhead::nono:

3. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

how do you like using the articulating pipe puller compared to the Fisher Price model from the old company?

4. CAPT Stream Rotar

well @ least your not giving me bad advice on drip!

I designed with what the budget/ zone allotment was given..I'm sorry if you don't like but these people weren't willing to spend 1500$ a zone....

If I had my way I would of instaled drip in the front planting bed by the rains sensor..The garden zone will be fine...
    BTW have you found your valve yet, and is that why you have been so cranky lately?

5. CAPT Stream Rotar

I love it!

Think it is awsome...I used the 255 @ the last job, but hated the piper...

Also the 255 cuts the turf better with that little circle cutter before the blade.

6. Mike Leary

What ? the filter thing? You're way off on that. Valve located. Drip sucks.

7. CAPT Stream Rotar

correct...you were wrong with the filter thing...congrats on the valve location..

drip is what makes my job worth it...water conservation...

8. Mike Leary

Drip with emitters on 6' centers might work, with 4 hour run times.
    I believe in feeding the stomata, gets the dust off the leaves & looks healthy.

9. CAPT Stream Rotar

have you tried the punch emitters with the netafim?

What is the dominant soil climate you install in?

10. Mike Leary

:::::Backs out of schlock thread::::