a few late summer pictures

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirt Digger2, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

well im back at school now so i have nothing but free time on my hands...i didnt take a whole lot of pictures this summer because i was so darn busy but when i could i snapped a few....

heres a driveway i put in, everything you see that has grass on either side was exisiting i just top coated with new stone, everything with dirt was cut out 8" with a backhoe and 3A on the bottom then top coated with a 3/4"

tractor 040.jpg

2. Dirt Digger2

from PA

the existing driveway stopped in the front of the house but the builder wanted to wrap it around and have the parking area in the back

tractor 041.jpg

3. Dirt Digger2

from PA

you can see it required a lot of cutting and filling to get the thing level...the bank use to come from on the left down to the grass on the right in a nice slope, so i had to just hoe it out and carry it all to another side of the property

tractor 044.jpg

4. Dirt Digger2

from PA

last one...job took 2 days and that was mainly because the stone trucks for the top coat couldnt get there until the next day..about 4 hours to cut it with the hoe, 2 hours to move all the dirt, then about 6 hours to get the stone trucks there and spread

tractor 043.jpg

5. MarksTLC

MarksTLC LawnSite Member

Nice job. It looks great. Nice property too...

6. Dirt Digger2

from PA

the property was beautiful..the house set on 2 acres that was adjacent to 27 acres right next to the old King Ranch in coatesville...the builder was trying to sell it with all 29 acres, i dont know if he was successful or not

7. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Real nice property!

8. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

NIce work!!

9. MarksTLC

MarksTLC LawnSite Member

Man I'd love to have 29 acres.

Wow back to reality......

10. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice looking pics Dirt Digger2. When you say old King Ranch is this the same one that has thousands and thousands of acres? If so I have seen some pretty interesting harvesting pics on that farm. I did not realize it was in PA though. For some reason that does not sound like the correct state. Since you say old did they move?