a few new improvments and inventions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rookiemower, Mar 22, 2004.

1. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

alright everyone here are my lastest mods. and inventions:cool: first is the improvement to the trailor. i added box (which was free):D then i made the gas can rack. the two fit perfect end to end no measuring just luck. The box was polished aluminum but i painted it black because it was all full of paint

mvc-007s.jpg

2. rookiemower

second is the homeade blower holder. I think this design is pretty good lockable and tough. i got the steel for free. Inside the small square tube is a expansion spring which pushes the pin down at all times, the lock goes through the chain link pieces on the top.
    the tubes can be bungeed to the link on the side and i can even bugee front so it won't bounce around:cool:

mvc-004s.jpg

3. rookiemower

here is my redmax EB7001 in the holder:D

mvc-017s.jpg

4. rookiemower

heres a pic of it open, ready to recieve my portable hurricane:p

mvc-006s.jpg

5. springman26

springman26 LawnSite Member

Nice job! Now lets see it with the blower on there and the cans. What kinda welder do you have? Also what type of paint did you use?

6. rookiemower

And finally the last creation, i never was able to jack up my trailor to reach my hitch, and welding an extension was not a option because of the low clearance already. I was stuck lifting the trailor and it was pretty dnag heavy:cry: so i made this a detachable caster wheel, it slips on like a shoe and the two bolts hold it in place i also can roll it around now without scratching the driveway there are also two nuts which i keep in my toolbox to lock the bolts on :cool: :D

mvc-014s.jpg

7. rookiemower

all right here it is going on:D

mvc-016s.jpg

8. rookiemower

heres my welder it's a great machine. i also got a nice auto darking helmet which is great.:)

if anyone is interested a guy i know is selling a hobart stick for $1000 with only 49 hours on it the onan engine is worth more than that;)

mvc-002s.jpg

9. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I like that blower rack, but what if the spring fails to push the pin down. You might lose your blower on the highway. Maybe you could add a lower lip on the bottom part to make a hook so it will cradle the blower.

10. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Looks good you must have put a lot of time into it