A few new projects

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by GroundOneMN, Jun 20, 2012.

1. GroundOneMN

GroundOneMN LawnSite Member

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Very nice creations!

I always enjoy seeing your work!

3. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

Ditto! I always admire nicely executed design work, especially given the skill and eye that it takes to design something like that. Yours is always some of the best that I see on this site.

4. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

yeah that looks awesome...any before pics?

5. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

everything looks great but that fireplace is awesome, is that culture stone surrounding it?

6. GroundOneMN

Thanks for the compliments. But it is all the installation team. You can have the greatest design skills, however the execution is a critical element.

The stone on the fireplace is a Dolomite or Kasota stone found here in Minnesota. The patio is of the same, where the circle is all custom cut and patterned Kasota stone, and the walk way from the steps carries the irregular cut.

Kasota stone walkway

Attached is a before photo of the area.

minneapolis-outdoor-fireplace-before.jpg

minneapolis-outdoor-fireplace-before2.jpg

7. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Yep, that is beautiful work. You need to be paying your "artisans and craftsman" well, because that is what they are and they are worth a lot of $ to a company when they can pull off clean, well executed hardscapes like that. I know companies around here that would give their left arm for a guy that could do quality like that. That stack stone wall is tight, and the corners are incredibly sharp and clean. Very nice!

8. GroundOneMN

Thanks

They are really amazing at what they do. They expect that we will run though the site with a fine tooth comb, so they have learned not to rush through just to get it done. Get it done in the allotted time correctly.