A few numbers to consider...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KirbysLawn, Sep 19, 2001.

1. cp

cp LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Kirby, help me out with the big numbers..

Try 79,000, and a 166,000 square foot.

I still can't figure how to adjust with a larger tract.

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

How much will you cost be per 1000 and how many 1000sf can you do an hour?

3. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

kirby is right about the fescue and the ground cond. of n.c. around these parts its even worse than in his area. (all clay) there is no question about needing lime, the only question is how much. however toward the coast were the ground is sandy, the grass of choice seems to be centipeade

4. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, but centipede will not take the salt spray conditions of the coast, either, so it is St. Augistines you will see toward the coastline. Bluegrass, by the way, is a very high maintenance grass compared to fescue and it takes lots of time and money to get bluegrass to do ANYTHING decent here. You see very little of it here.

5. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

talking about seed... I just started using Lesco METRO, which is there high end seed and have awsome results , very fast estaablishment at least compraed to what I was using.. In about a week I had a very good showing....

6. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

good post ray...
    it will open a lot of eyes
    ant

7. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Ray- Last year a 50 lb bag of Transition could be had at HD for $65. I haven't checked it this year. If someone is really cheap I tell them I will aerate for XX amount and apply the seed and fert at my cost. How in the world would they know my cost? I just charge a few bucks less than usual and they think they are Suzy Smart Shopper. Everyone is happy.