A few of our recent projects

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by vtscaper, Feb 6, 2009.

1. vtscaper

vtscaper LawnSite Member

After a couple years of reading posts and being entertained by the ongoing dialogues with Rusk I thought i'd post some of our work. As you'll see we mostly use natural stone. Give some feedback, criticism, whatever.

P1030467_crop.jpg

P1030399crop.jpg

P1030637hau.jpg

P1020194cropnishi.jpg

P1030599crop.jpg

2. Bru75

Bru75 LawnSite Senior Member

Good lookin' work, I like it.

3. cgll1135

cgll1135 LawnSite Member

you do good work.

4. CertPro

CertPro LawnSite Member

Very nice! Looks clean

5. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks nice, when I build steps like those I like to use either large stones next to like you did on some of the or use some type of decorative stone on the edge rather the mulch.
    If I don't do it it's constant maintenance every time it rain, mulch all over the walk and steps.
    I like the last picture a lot it blend so nice with the steps

6. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Very Nice Work!

7. vtscaper

vtscaper LawnSite Member

Thanks for the feedback. Never usually a problem with the mulch, all of the steps are always pitching to the front for drainage so when it rains any debris follows suit. However I do like to use large river rock or similar along the steps as well, can clean things up a bit and give a different look.

P1020271.jpg

8. Maxwell Landscaping

Maxwell Landscaping LawnSite Member

That looks very nice, I can't wait till sring comes here, and we can get on with it.

9. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

I love natural stone, your work looks pretty nice too! My only comment would be the last picture you show with the bottom step near 8" or so and a few of the middle ones are a bit shallow. It looks a bit unfinsihed also with a bunch of steps leading nowhere. Nice cutting on your bluestone walkway btw.

10. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

nice looking stonework.