A Few pics from Perth Western Australia

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by frosty18, Dec 27, 2005.

1. frosty18

frosty18 LawnSite Member

Kykuyu cut at 10mm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A mate at work

[​IMG]

2. frosty18

frosty18 LawnSite Member

Vertimowing

[​IMG]

Different style of Vertimower.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. frosty18

frosty18 LawnSite Member

Used on about 95% of jobs

[​IMG]

After about 10 years of use, lol

[​IMG]

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Very interesting stuff, looks like you cut the lawns very short. I like the edger.

5. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I don't know what kind of grass that is but it looks to short, but I don't live there so I don't know.
    Also Welcome to Lawn Site!!!
    1 more thing would Aus be a good place to take a trip to, and where would be a good place to stay and visit?

6. bowhunter1432

bowhunter1432 LawnSite Member

7. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Those mowers are neat. I never seen that style except when I went to California.

Would it not be easier if you let the grass grow a little bit taller and used a larger conventional mower on it? I mean you can get a great cut with a ZTR if you know what your doing. Unless the grass cannot take that type of machine and weight on it.

Anyways the yards look very nice, almost looks like a green carpet, its that level.

8. frosty18

frosty18 LawnSite Member

Thanks for your interest

Our lawns here seem to grow thicker rather than taller. So thick sometimes that they would stop a rotary style mower, at best you get this type of look using one.

[​IMG]

Couple other things about Perth. The standard size gate here is 30" and all property's are fenced. Currently we are under watering restrictions allowing watering from reticulation only twice a week. We also cut year round being more busy in spring (fall I think you call it ) and summer. Cutting every 2 weeks summer and 3/4 weekly winter.

9. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

lawns look well manicured, good work and I like the edger also :waving:

10. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I had some unwanted kikuyu grass growing into my yard back in California. It was more invasive than bermuda, with very thick rhizomes and stolons up to the thickness of a pencil. Tough stuff! Most stoloniferous grasses like this do have to be mowed short, and it certainly looks as if you've done a great job keeping it under control and looking good, Frosty.