1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

a few pond pics

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by n2h20, Sep 27, 2005.

1. n2h20

n2h20 LawnSite Senior Member

heres a couple i did awhile back.

the fox one needs some plants to hide the rock, but thats not up to me :rolleyes:

fox2 small.jpg

fox waterfall small.jpg

devries fall small.jpg
  2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Looks a bit too "cemented"for my tastes.But not bad at all.There is a book that will help you out on rock placement that is exellent I think you would really like it it's called
    Natural Stonescapes,the Art and Craft of Stone Placement.
    BY Richard L. Dub'e,ALPD and Fredrick C. Cambell.
    It tells you all about placement and angles and angles of site ect.Easy to understand with pictures and some patterns of placements also.Get it you won't regret it!I found mine at Amazon .com
  3. n2h20

cool ill check it out.. i had about 20 ponds but my hard drive crashed and these are the onlye ones i had...

haha you dont like cement too much do you she shovel? :)
  4. Redbird

Redbird LawnSite Member

Just the beginning of pictures!

Moorefield 4.JPG

Steve Pond.JPG

Sally 1.JPG
  5. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

On average size how long does it take, and what would something like that run a customer? Looks like a lot of detail and patience go into these projects.
  6. n2h20

the As (aquascapes) pond or "kit pond" can be done in a day or so, Some of the ponds that i have shown take a little longer because they are all cemented in place, the waterfalls and bordering rocks. The As ponds are loose or held in place with spray foam.
    Price ranges from 6-12k of the ponds i have shown, im on the cheap side for my area too.
  7. Mr. Vern

Mr. Vern LawnSite Senior Member

If the ponds sell for 6-12k, what do the materials generally run. I see that Aquascapes has kits from $900 to almost $3k. Which kits do you use and how much do the rock and plants generally run? Also, how many guys does it take to do it in a day or so? Thanks!