A few questions about Scag

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eurosport, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Eurosport

Eurosport LawnSite Member
    from Canada

What would a 61in scag turf tiger with 23hp kohler engine (700 hours) go for?

Also does anyone know if the scag grass catcher (3 bag) is the same model for all the zero turn riders. Lets say I have a Turf Tiger Bagging system Can I use it on a Tiger cub or wildcat?

thanks in advance
  2. Eurosport

from Canada

I also forgot to ask. The 48in tiger cub with 19hp kawasaki engine. Is it too little hp for the mower and would it have enough power to use the 3 bag collection system?
  3. Royalslover

Royalslover LawnSite Senior Member

I hate to start this. You're going to get Scag lovers and Scag haters. You can have a lemon or a great mower within any brand. I myself would tell you to run as fast as you can. I will never own another TT. Search Scag owners to see more.
  4. Eurosport

from Canada

I appreciate any info good or bad. I do not want to keep the turf tiger since it is too big for my area but it is coming in a package deal that I might be buying and I just wanted to know how much I could sell the machine for.
  5. easycareacres

easycareacres LawnSite Senior Member

Id buy couple more TT's but not from the australian bunch who run it.
    Parts prices and few dealer's here are pathetic so have always imported from usa parts.
    All machines are as good as the owner with preventive maintaince, dont rely on tin pop cocky mower dealers to help ha.
  6. Eurosport

from Canada

does anyone know how much I would be able to sell the Turf Tiger in Question though? I would like to get something a bit smaller
  7. green acres lawns

green acres lawns LawnSite Senior Member

The mounting brackets for the turf tiger bagger are different than the brackets for the wild-cat and tiger cub. Also I think the blower may be a little wider on the tt. My Scag dealer bought a tt back from an LCO who was quitting the business, with about the same number of hours as the one your looking at. I believe He bought it back for $3500.00, cleaned it up and sold it for $4800.00.
  8. William Camp

William Camp LawnSite Member

I have a Wildcat and a tigercub the cub is a 48" with the 3 bag system the only differance is the impeller is to small for the wildcat.
  9. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

We have three scags. Two 48" hyrdo WB's and this year we just bought a 60 TT w/29 LC/DFI kawi. We LOVE that thing. Knock on wood not a single issue. Well, there was an issue draining the oil...had to have a extension for the drain plug in order change it without removing other parts of the mower.

We did demo a 60 TORO...I forget the model number. We placed them side by side and cut the same properties w/ them over a few hours. Very comparable machines...both with pros and cons. We wound up going w/ the scag. Kind of a brand loyalty thing. I wrote a thread on it. Perhaps you can search and find it if you are interested.