A few questions for Indiana guys.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by TriCountyLawn, Jul 10, 2006.

1. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Currently we sub out all of our fert and spraying ect. Ive orderd the study materials for 3a and 3b. Now as Ive read it, I dont need an applicators lic. to spread granular fertilizer. Is this correct? Ive read all the websites I can find via the great links pinned at the top of the page. I just am looking for a lil info.

Thanks

2. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

As long as it is not a weed & Feed and is just fertilizer, you can put it down. If you spray a liquid fertilizer, you need a license. Granular you don't need one.

3. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Alright, thanks a ton! Thats how Ive been reading things but ya know how sometimes ya read so much stuff you feel more confused then when ya started ? lol.

This being my 2nd year that ive had properties requireing fert I have just sub contracting it not wanting anything to do with it. I guees in hind site I could have made more money. Live and learn right.

4. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

Tri county, you really need to take a look at the Indiana state chemist site. I am sure I remember them telling me if I put anything down for hire I had to be licensed.

5. Chris@CRU

Chris@CRU LawnSite Member

6. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I researched long to be sure I was legal applying fertilizer before I was licensed-It is legal to apply fertilizer for hire in Indiana...As soon as you put any product down that targets a "pest" that being a weed, fungus, or insect for hire, you need a license.

7. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

8. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Chimney is correct but it cannot contain any weed control product at all.

9. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

Yep, you guys are right.

10. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i thought i read that you need to register (send them $100) and give the name of the person and company applying the fertilizer. just call them 765-494-1594