A few questions for wright stander owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bwilder10h, Apr 26, 2006.

1. bwilder10h

bwilder10h LawnSite Member

I'm considering a purchase of a 52 23hp stander. It's the unit without the quick adjust height with a couple hundred hours on it.

So my questions...

How long does it take to change the deck height on these units?

How tough is it to change blades, scrape the deck etc? One thing (of the many) I like about a w/b is it is so easy to prop the front end up and change blades...

Anyone know the length (front to rear) of this unit? I'm trying to figure out how much room it would take on my trailer.

Thanks in advance...:waving:

2. bwilder10h

bwilder10h LawnSite Member

I also forgot to ask...

Being a fixed deck, do you have a lot of issues with scalping? I've got some a couple seriously bumpy yards and I would think scalping would be a problem...

3. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

I rarely have problems with scalping, changing the cutting height is pretty muck like changing it on a walkbehind, its not the easiest thing but you don't need a degree in science to do it. Go on Wright's website to get the overall length, I think its about the same as a walkbehind, but I'm not sure. How much are they asking for it?

4. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

Scalping is very minimal and I think the overall frame length is like 59".

5. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the 52/23. It scalps every now and then, but if you are careful, you will be ok. it is shorter than a walk behind. Very easy to manuver. Height changes are typical for a fixed deck (spacers on front casters and blade spacers.) I use a jungle jack for changing blades and installing the mulch kit.

6. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Get a jungle jack, makes life easy and safe when changing blades.

takes about 30 minutes to change the height, got to unbolt the rear wheel motors and then move the spacers around on the fron casters.

7. cochino12

cochino12 LawnSite Senior Member

I've got a 48" w/rapid height and it only takes about 2 seconds (if that) to change height. Only been using it about a week so cant answer scalping, blade change questions.

8. Popper357

Popper357 LawnSite Member

No way... my dealer told me that Wright doesn't make a 48" deck now. I asked him about it on a couple different occations. Weird

9. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

WHAT??? So your saying that the mower you say you own is'nt made? :confused:

10. cochino12

cochino12 LawnSite Senior Member

bought it in January. Seems like the guys who sell wright around here didnt know much about them either. The dealer I went with is great though.