A few questions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by barcode148, Jul 9, 2006.

1. barcode148

barcode148 LawnSite Member

next year i am taking my biz to the next level. my first question is will a 6.5x12 trailer be sufficient to hold a toro 48'' z and a toro 48'' gear wb with two 21" prolines on the side?

Also i am stuck on trimmer choices.

heres whats available in my area and the price range i would like to stay in.

husqvarna 326L
    shindaiwa t231
    echo srm-230
    stihl fs 80 r
    tanaka TBC230
    cub commercial st 26
    john deere xt105sble

thanks in advance for the help
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Buy the biggest one you can pull...they always fill up fast one way or another.
  3. bln

bln LawnSite Senior Member

yes that trailer will be alright for now. About 5 years ago i had two 48"walk behinds on a 5X10. Rod father is right, I currently have a 7X16 that is too small. the bigger the trailer the more use you get out of it.
  4. barcode148

the thing is that i am only 16 and only have 2 more years untill i go to college and by no means will decide not to go to school so i am trying to save as much money as possible. i also have my father who doesnt want me to spend anything. thanks for the ideas with the trailers but what about the trimmers. thanks
  5. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

You can put trimmer racks on your trailer. TrimmerTrap makes a very good one.www.trimmertrap.com
  6. barcode148

im not sure whether im being misunderstood but im not asking about trimmer racks i have listed about 6 line trimmers at the top of the post and i would like to know what thoughts the users out there have on them.

7. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I think you would be much better off with either a 14 or 16 footer. Like Rod said, You will always wish you had one bigger. I'm talking trailers:laugh:
  8. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would suggest the FS 100 4-mix, excellent trimmer, and SThil parts and dealers are always easy to come by.The Sthil has low grunt power, is very fuel efficient and a well balanced trimmer.

If your plans are not a long term career type business in the landscaping, lawn care world, basically you want to work your way through school with no major growth plans, the trailer will probably be ok.
  9. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

The FS80 is a rock-solid unit.
    I really like mine.
  10. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

What are using to pull the trailer? That could dictate how big you go.