A fight forum ? lol

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by arborist-28, Aug 1, 2005.

1. arborist-28

arborist-28 LawnSite Member

Maybe we ought to have a forum here where people can come and let out there flustrations on others .. because some of us here like to respond with insulting or degrading comments ... c

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Why not have a central location in the country and have all the LS members kick in a buck or 2 for plane fare and have a real tough man/woman contest ?
    Play it back live to all that donated to the cause. [pay per view] The winner would have the satisfaction of winning and the loser would never be heard from again. :blush: Might make some think before they start throwing insults and degrading comments with a keyboard :D

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Yes, but most of the members doing the fighting are minors. I don't think that would work. :)

4. git er done landscaping

git er done landscaping LawnSite Member

i realize i'm a newbie and im going to get bashed for saying this but oh well. you guys should really concentrate more on suggestions to make this great forum even better rather than filling usefull forum space with this nonsense.

5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Git er done,
    I would not bash you for making an observation or comment, although they where made in jest
    I'll just mention that being 19 and in business for 4 yrs as your profile says is not Possible. :laugh: I won't point out that a minor can not be held responsible for his/her actions and can not legally sign a contract. I won't even point out that at 15 yrs. old you where just the neighborhood kid cutting a FEW lawns.
    My suggestion so as to not waste forum space would be for you to change your profile to 19 yrs old and been cutting grass for 4 yrs. so as not to confuse any other "newbie"
    :waving:
    BTW -- Welcome

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

why don't you just give helpful advice to the up and coming kids (like me) to help them out insted of giving them grief because of their age. There aren't many kids today that have the ambition to work well before they are really required to. Ilike the work and try to get as much info about the business as possible. Just a thought though.

7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

According to your profile, you have been in business since you was 8 years old. :p Why is it so hard for the younger crowd to just say you cut the neighbors grass since you was 8 years old. :p

8. Redneckn

Redneckn LawnSite Senior Member

Why is it so hard for the older crowd to accept the younger crowd? I mean, it is all the same business. Are the older guys so scared that they will deter the younger crowd? There is a lot of detail to be gained from the older fellas, but when they make it hard to ask. What is the point?

I have noticed since I started coming here that there seems to be a lot of contempt from the older crowd towards the younger crowd.

As a mechanic, I will warn you old farts about my situation as a mechanic. There are very few young fellas getting into turning wrenches. Most of that is because nobody wants to give a young fella a chance. As the old farts die off and/or retire, there are no mechanics to fill the work bay.

You youger fellas, here is a lesson. When I hired on several years back at a Deere dealer, I found it insane that the old mechanic was taking 8 hours to do 4 or 5 pm's in a shop. I was used to turning out 8+ a day for Sears and that was having to drive to each stop. After a week, he pulled me over, got in my face and told me to slow down because I was making him look slow. I simply told him that he was slow and he made himself look that way. Needless to say, it took several months before I could count on him for any kind of guidance. I was lucky enough to have a good computer and a love for reading.

I guess my point is to not let the old farts run you off. Stick to your guns and ask tons of questions. Someone will eventually help you along.

Now you know what I think.

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

because when i signed up, it asked how many. I call it a business even though it is not registered or anything. I work hard to deliver a quality result. I enjoy my work very much and am happy to be part of this forum. Also, 20 lawns isn't just neighbors. I really like the site and have learned a lot. I don't see why people have to argue with the keys when we are all here for the one purpose (i hope) that is to answer people questions, give ideas and to ask questions if you've got them. That's all!

10. arborist-28

arborist-28 LawnSite Member

really fellas I posted this jokingly .. c