A First

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mack, Aug 26, 2002.

1. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

gators:eek:

i thought some dogs were bad

do you wait until they leave, skip it, or CAREFULLY go around them?

2. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

Dstosh,

Where in New York are you.
    I'm in Dutchess County.

I don't see these problems too often in the lawns, but there is a guy nearby who has goats that roam and they are always in the street..... sometimes lying downm and they don't move, unless you pull RIGHT up to them and lay on the horn!.. that seems to work:D

3. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

I am in Niagara County just north of buffalo

4. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

If its a small one, 4 to 5 feet or less the mower will run them to safety (back in the water) The realy big ones already have scared the SH** out of people and have been traped and removed. However if one lives in Florida and mowes grass for a living they should be able to tell the differents between a Alligator and a Crocodile. A alligator will jump at it pray, if it is
    4 ft long it can jump 4 ft - 5ft long jump 5 ft (OK) It can only run a short time and most people can out run them.
    A Crocodile can run at speeds of up to 40 mph, Can we say GOODBY!!

5. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

one day i was mowing a yard (there are not any farms in the area, only estates,) and i had been mowing on the rider for about and hour and a half ( i thought maybe i was seeing things) but i was out by the raod and 3 horses galoped by, they almost ran into a car, it was so wierd, the neighbor was out getting his mail and i stopped and asked if he just saw what i did. it was wierd.

6. Deer, coyotes, foxes, turkey, pheasants, hawks, owls, geese, swans, rabbits, woodchucks.

Nope. Never seen cows come through.:)

7. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

We have a couple of emus, when they get out we just leave the gate open until they decide to come back in. One time a neighbour and a couple of his drinking buddies decided to bring them back home. All they got out of it was a sheet kicking when he grabbed one. They are 3 years old and about 5-6' tall, mostly legs.

8. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Mack - Why didn't you just lock them in and let them mow and fertilize the lawn for you?