a ? for walker users in the south

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GrassmasterB, Dec 11, 2007.

1. GrassmasterB

GrassmasterB LawnSite Member
    from Florida

in 08 i'm looking at buying a 42 ghs walker. most of what i cut is st. augustine grass but i have a couple of yards with bahia. how well will a walker handle cutting bahia? also what about bagging pine straw? any problems with clogging?

2. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i've never cut bahia but i have bagged pine straw. as long as it's not really thick it does fairly well. if you are trying to suck up a 6 inch deep field of it you should be ok.

3. B&B LAWN

B&B LAWN LawnSite Senior Member

the walker will cut bahia fairly well you just may have to cut a little slower depending on how high the grass is. this mower is just not made to cut overgrown grass.

4. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

When I lived in Fl. 15 years ago, my Walker cut everything just fine, just keep the blades sharp.

5. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Make sure the Walker you buy has the new 10.5" blower. There is a big differance.

6. HydroGearHead

HydroGearHead LawnSite Member
    from florida

I know Jax is pretty close to me here in Gainesville and my dealer here sells Walkers. I have demo-ed them a couple of times. Not the right mower for my operation but I don't know what the dealer in Jax wants for one but the dealer here in Gainesville is wholesaling all of his Walker, Dixie Choppers and Hustlers. I'm buying 2 new ZTRs right now at cost. He is loaded up becasue this year has been so slow witht he drought and fires and all and he doesn't want to pay taxes on his inventory. I was just at his place today and he had people lined up buying mowers really cheap. He says he has to move $500,000 in inventory in the next 60 days to make room for all the 2008s. So, you might want to check him out. I asked why he wasn't advertising online and he said He's not allowed to sell online only in his store so I'd said I'd pass the word along.

Peace