a funny story

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by tiedeman, Apr 26, 2003.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I went to go measure a guys lawn the other day and it came out to a litte over 61,000 square feet. My price with labor came to a little over $249.00. Now this is where it gets funny....

the guy says" $249.00, truegreen said that they would do it for $100. Well, how much square feet did you measure because truegreen came up with 35,000?"

I tried not to laugh, because the lawn was not under an acre at all. I just told the man. "well sounds like they have a good price, maybe you should go with them." I thanked him for his time and moved on.

After I got in the truck my employee started to laugh and say, "Heck if that lawn is only 35,000 square feet then I am going to have trugreen come and fertilize my lawn."

I actually think though that the guy was lying and seeing whether or not I would move on my price. Ya, fat chance.

2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

:rolleyes:

3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

$249 for what? straight fert?

4. tiedeman

from earth

fert & crabgrass control

5. bobbygedd

from NJ

o boy, im not startin this again. waaayyyyyyy tooooooo cheap

6. tiedeman

from earth

$215.67 for the product and $34 labor to apply.

Total $249.67. Heck I have been told by a lot of people around here that I am charging way too much.

7. bobbygedd

from NJ

do estimate, take measurements, thats one trip over there. second trip over: give paperwork for proper notification, apply product, make record of materials applied, date and time of application, then store these records for 3 years. all for $34. no thanx

8. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

I have no idea as to how in the world product would cost $200+ for 61k, heck our product cost for six treatments on 61k wouldent even come up to $200 combined!

9. rkk95

rkk95 LawnSite Member
    from west PA

Bobbygedd, what would you charge? My price would be $248.

10. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

In my neck of the woods, I get weed/feed Lesco brand for 25.00 a bag, covers 12500, at I believe 1 lb a 1000, so that would be 122.00 for product, leaving 127.00 for the trips and applying fert.

Got my tru-green flyer in the mail for 24.95 up to 5000 ft.