A General Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by garyslawn, Oct 5, 2007.

1. garyslawn

garyslawn LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

I am going to sell my bussiness of 30 years. ( tired of workers and old) I still want to keep some of my lawns. I like the work an a few bucks. What do you think would be the best mower for a one man opperation. I have owned most of them except a Walker. I am leaning towards a Walker since I will have some leaves to collect. I am used to 52" & 61"decks seams the Walker might be slow. Thanks Gary

2. Phaneuf

Phaneuf LawnSite Member

It seems that after 30 years in business You should be the one who could best answer that question for you.

3. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

i was thinkin the same...but im a toro fan...

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Sometimes when you are running a business you don't get to buy/use a lot of the fancy stuff that is discussed on line site. I bought a broken down used Walker just to see what they were like.......wasn't disappointed and still wonder how great a new unit would be like.If money wasn't a problem I would go Walker and get all the stuff they provide.

5. Pro-Turf  LLC

Pro-Turf LLC LawnSite Member

love my walkers

6. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I would say that it depends on the accounts you plan on keeping. I have a 48" Walker GHS unit for the small areas and the areas that I need to collect. Also have an EverRide 27/60" for the open areas that I can side discharage on.