A good case for Drip line.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by hoskm01, Feb 19, 2009.

1. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Words not needed.

[​IMG]

2. irrigationgrl

irrigationgrl LawnSite Member

You hope I understand you to mean "it's a good case for a drip line" that looks unsightly because it was installed in a mickey-mouse manner?
    Mickey-mouse manner meaning: The person who installed it
    (most likely this homeowner or the homeowner before this homeowner)
    Used:
    1/4 or could even be smaller micro-line as risers instead of the firm hard blk drip risers.

Used: Those cheap spray stakes that are too short get securely in the ground. That are way to short to get good coverage with the spray.
    And are like.. so out of date compared to the drip stakes they have available now.
    (when in desperation I have been force to use one or two of those kind of stakes I use black zip-ties to secure the bottom of the hard riser to the stake)
    Used: Those *&&*%%$ adjustable sprayers on top...that don't spray well and so many more sprays need to be installed than necessary to get it all watered?

Point: all of those factors combine to make it look so much worse than it should if installed well. For example, that front left side bed I would have only used 3 drip sprays maximum and it would have watered well.

3. I suspect the place looks much better when the perennials are bigger and in bloom. I'm not going to cast judgment on that one until I see it in the summer. I prefer micro-spray to dripline.

4. Dripit good

Dripit good LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree. Once the perennials grow they will bury those micro-sprays.

Won't see those lines again until next winter.

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Micros sprays have no place next to a high traffic area like the sidewalks. I get tired of repairing that crap because Junior ran it over with his skate board or bicycle.

6. Tom Tom

Tom Tom LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll bet Pete's new remote, that half of those damn things don't work.

7. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I have to agree. Micro-sprays definitely have their uses, the front yard of that place is not one of them IMO.

8. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Well, micros do have their place. Agreed.

Snow shovels, bicycles, skateboards. Im surprised any of those are still standing.

Were that the front of a person who gave a toot about the looks of their place, on a BUSY street, you wouldn't see squat.

9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

:hammerhead::hammerhead:

10. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Where are the hi-pops? (with brass nozzles :))