1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

a good chuckle from the other day

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LWNMWR1, Jun 14, 2004.

1. LWNMWR1

LWNMWR1 LawnSite Member

i was mowing a long time customer the other day and a new lco rolled by and watched for a couple of minutes from the road. i got up around the corner to my next lawn and he was next door. my customer came out and went ballistic cause he thought that he worked for me and was trashing his lawn so we explained the new guy on the block thing and mowed the lawn. later that day i was up in another neighborhood and we saw him mowing a couple of drops from last season(still waiting for my money). got up to the next street and we knew that the heavy rains from the week before would have those lawns SLICK!!!so we snuck throught the woods and checked it out. he was able to get one tough spot cut so we went back to mowing. got 2 lawns done and my ass't is flagging me down. he says that he just heard loud cuss word from above!! we sneak back up the road and watch on the edge of the woods for about 20 minutes as he struggles to free his turf tiger from the mire. finally we went back to the truck and drove to lawn and left a comealong and chains(75ft) gave a quick explanation on how to free and went about the day. stopped back after 8 lawns and he had just finished the retrieval.
  2. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

that has gotta suck!
  3. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Always good to read funny stories like that at the end of the day, I'm just glad it wasn't me in that mess.
  4. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

YOu live and you learn