...a good day it was

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mykster, Feb 12, 2003.

1. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

One of my clients from last year(who sold her house) called me today saying that she needs to finish paying the last two months of service. We had not spoken since Nov. No way to contact her after she sold her house. Thought for sure I was out $400. I was shocked, and took back every bad thing I had said about her. Check is on the way.
    I'm also meeting with a homeowner on Thurs. for a bid on some work she wants done. I hope this is a sign of a good year to come.

This may seem kind of petty, but I'm gettin' excited.

2. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

Nothing like unexpected money falling into your hands. Spend it on something special since it wasn't expected.

3. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

That is so really great news. I wish I had more experiences like that with customers. If I had customers like that I might change my mind about contractsÂ….No I don't think so.

Gravely_Man

4. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

YOU are lucky.

There is a guy that still owes me $120 and I know I am NOT going to get it back.

5. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Mykster, i had a woman try and do that to me. She knew she owed me, but didn't want to pay. She thought she could sell and I would have no trace to get my money. Boy was she surprised when she couldn't sell due to a small lean on her house!
    :D

6. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like you got your money.

Hadn't thought about putting a lein on her house sinceshe was alway paying on time. Great customer up till the end.

7. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I have been burned too many times by those moving away and not paying the last bill. I've changed my practice.

The people moving will always tell you when to "make last mowing" or the move date. I give them an invoice to pay on the spot, before they get away, and expect payment. I've told them about my expectations when they have told me of their date to move, or date to make final mowing. I've had no problem with this practice -- the people know they owe the money!