A good Gas Can and E-Z Grabber

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Piedmont Lawn, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Piedmont Lawn

Piedmont Lawn LawnSite Member

O.K. Gang this is a tuff one and maybe during the off season we can toss this around a little.

Two things I’m looking for.

(1) A good 5-gallon gas can that doesn't leak all over the mower and your feet. I have been to every hardware, mower shop and home center in my area and they all have the same brands. Briggs & Stratton and Blitz. I’m looking for something very thick with rubber O ring seals.

(2) An E-Z reach grabbers thing that's not made of plastic and will work.

I have made several searches and came up with a lot of possibilities but no testimonials or feed back.

What are you using, have you found something that you are real happy with.

Later, Kelly

2. ksimpson

ksimpson LawnSite Member

We use the EZ Grabber that comes from AM Leonard. Spring loaded and will pick up about 10 -15 pounds.

3. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

I too would like to find a decent plastic gas can that doesn't leak when filling equipment. I find that a lot of times my employees strive to emulate the captain from the Valdeez when fueling my equipment. I know they have "spill-proof cans", but I haven't found a vented one, & in the heat of the summer an unvented can gets very swollen.

Bob

P.S. I hope I canfind these in bulk as I need about 6 -5 gal. cans and 6 - 2.5 gal cans.

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Capt Devo on this sight sells the EZ-Reacher and probably for less than you can find anywhere else. Don't know what to tell you about the gas can. I was at an auction a couple months ago and they had a 20 gallon gas tank, a hand crank siphon all monted on a couple of wheels. It sold for $40 and I regret not buying it. That would of been sweet to have to fill up my mower before heading out for the day and would of saved garage space.

MATT

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

6. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Got my metal cans w/spout and mounting brackets from 'AWdirect' catalog they are made by Wedco, have used them for a year without any problems. www.awdirect.com
    For garbage I use the 'Clean up Caddy' from A M Leonard, I like the tweezer action instead of the claw but that is what makes the 'world go round'. www.amleo.com

BobR

7. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

8. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

CHILTON GAS CANS...we swear by them. Available at www.cornerhardware.com

No leaks...strong & durable....very impressed

We've tried many others & were not impressed

:blob1:

9. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Metal safety gas cans with attached plastic funnel. They are OSHA approved and don't leak gas when you fuel up your equipment.

Gravely_Man

10. Piedmont Lawn

Piedmont Lawn LawnSite Member

Guy's thanks fot your input and info, I must do some looking around!

Kelly