1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

A good idea

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TXNSLighting, May 3, 2007.

1. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

2. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Good idea. Looks like there is more sand on the outside of the box than the inside.
  3. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

thats actually dirt brought in to build the pad for it. its all beds now. i need to post new pics of that part.
  4. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Just keep posting pictures... that way I don't have to drive all the way out to his place to look at it... haha
  5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

ITS big time money.......
  6. NELawnCare

NELawnCare LawnSite Member

So, what about the liability? Does this service raise your liability insurance? I would think that any injury could come back to haunt you? Looks cool tho.
  7. TXNSLighting

from DFW, TX

havent checked that out. i might want to look into that. i would hope i couldnt be made at fault for injurys, but th way this world is....
  8. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

One way to cover yourself would be to give them an orientation on the proper use of all the equipment with the family there, including the kids. You could give examples using the kids as assistants and then have the parents sign the form aknowledging that they received the "training".

Could make it very hard for them to come back on you and be successful in a lawsuit. Just make sure you use a reputable manufacturer that does test what they build. I bet if they are good they'll have an instruction kit with do's and dont's.

Good luck!! Btw, looks great. :)
  9. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I used to build some playground equipment. There was good money in it sometimes. I bought a bunch of the kits then made my own designs from them. They included nails for the kits but I bolted or screwed everything together. Extra braces to keep everything straight and tight are a must. I sold one to a Home owners association one time and I was a little concerned about liability but nothing ever came from it. You need to consider the age of the children using it in your design. I usually sold customers on two different pieces of equipment if they had really young children and kids that were 8 or about. A small piece set away form the bigger one so that the little kids didn't get hurt by the bigger kids playing. Most small kids get hit by big kids on swings, monkey bars etc.
  10. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

They are nice when constructed in a sandbox like that one. I get very angry when I have to ride and trim around one planted on the grass.
    I just wouldn't have time to build them between mowing and fertilizing. Looks good though.