1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

A good pre emergent?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by stevenf, Mar 20, 2010.

1. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

Just finished dumping mulch this morning. Havent spread it yet because I havent sprayed post-emergent.
    What is a good inexpensive pre-emergent? Can it be mixed with the post-e and sprayed together?
  2. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

You already dumped mulch into the beds and haven't taken care of the weeds yet??? I hope i misunderstand what you're saying. Generally I'd post m the weeds, spread the mulch, then broadcast the Pre m on top. So no, I wouldn't mix any pre or post together.
  3. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Assuming you're licensed to apply pesticides, kill what's there. Pre-em first (depending on the mulch. it will generally just soak up the pre-em from on top).

Prodiamine is a great pre.

Yes, you can mix them together...

Make sure you water in the pre according to instructions if there's a chance the mulch will inhibit that from happening after it's spread.
  4. mikesturf

mikesturf LawnSite Senior Member

Its a joke, right?
  5. kirk1701

kirk1701 LawnSite Gold Member

Think he means he dumped the mulch in one area getting ready to spread it after he puts down the Pre-em