A good start

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Poncho25, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

Well I am stolked!! Had 3 bids today, and won all 3. One of them requested that she pay for the entire year up front so she doesn't have to worry about a bill. How nice is that shiiiizzziiit! :drinkup: :drinkup: This July will end my 1st year in the business.

2. Equalizer

Equalizer LawnSite Member

Thats great man, I hope that I have the same luck. HAHA

3. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

:clapping: Congrads

4. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

Good Job man. Now raise your price 5%-10% - Good Luck

5. mow & snow

mow & snow LawnSite Member

Don't blow all the $!

6. Hartnett Lawn Care

Hartnett Lawn Care LawnSite Member

You probably are underbidding if you are getting all the jobs...Just a thought

7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

And the lady paying for the whole year is making sure this once in a lifetime deal doesn't slip away?

8. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

The fact is in my area i am over bidding all my jobs. Most of the guys around this area charge around 80 - 100 a month, I charge a min of 30 per cut or rather 120 a month. The only people that I charge 100 to are the ones who live in my subdiv. and even they are used to 80 per month. I am just a good sales man I know how to talk to people when I am face to face, and I never *anymore* bid a job without the client there so I can meet them and get a feel for how they value their needs and wants. The lady that paid for the whole year up front, when I went to her place she just moved there last year with her husband who was also there, and they said their sprinkler system didn't work, so free of charge I just quickly looked at it, and found that their main water line for the sprinkler was turned off and that their programer was turned off for each zone. They were so happy once I changed all that and they had their system working and to me it showed them that I go above and beyond to help my clients.

9. Your Lawn First

Your Lawn First LawnSite Member

Good for you man kept it up