A good trimer and blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jhawk71, May 6, 2002.

1. jhawk71

jhawk71 LawnSite Member

I was wondering what would be a good trimer and a good blower. I dont want a backpack blower just a handheld. Im sorry if i should've searched for previous threads. But i'm new and dont know how to. :confused:

2. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

The search is towards the upper right of the screen. Big RED letters that say "Search". Then you just type in a couple "key words" into the correct spot and preform the search.

Now onto your question as long as you asked it. I like my little Echo PB2100(handheld-about $119), but I love my Stihl BR400 backpack. But for a handheld, check that one out. Its been a good little guy, with no problems for 3 years. Next, a trimmer. I am an Echo fan...so you could buy the GT2400(curved shaft-about $199), or the SRM2400(straight shaft-about $259) and be happy as can be. I have both and they have been great with no mechanical problems. Good luck and play around with the search function:angry: :D

3. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I'd go with the bg85 stihl for a handheld, they blow way harder than echo's. for a trimmer, go with the straight echo srm2400, or if you like to play with attatchments, the stihl fs85. Dave g

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

But i'm new and dont know how to.

Like Esby said, the search is located in the top right hand corner in red.
    Or you may click the link directly below

http://www.lawnsite.com/search.php

When you get to the page, you may search any forum you want, one specific one or all the forums at once.
    Type in a keyword such as "handheld blower", and many threads for you to search will appear.

Really general questions are best searched. Then when you have a specific question, fire away. :)

5. Mid Rivers

Mid Rivers LawnSite Member

Shindiawa T230 trimmer and any one of there blowers

6. LT1-T/A

LT1-T/A LawnSite Member

I have an ech pb2100 blower and echo 2400 stright staft trimmer, the only thing they have ever needed was gas.:D

7. kerr lawn

kerr lawn LawnSite Member

SHINDAIWA NO NEED TO LOOK AT ANYTHING ELSE.

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

weedeater brand! Just get the bigger diameter extension cord. You should be set up then.

:(

9. GCS LawnService

GCS LawnService LawnSite Member

I have been looking at blowers also and Stihl has the best hand-held blower in their BG85 for approximately $200.00. I have a John Deere BP60 and I like it very well. It is a backpack blower and the cost on it was $430.00. I use the Honda UMK431 4 Stroke trimmers and they usually cost around $330.00. Hope this helps you out!

:blob2:

10. steve225

steve225 LawnSite Member

Shindaiwa Shindaiwa 21yrs. using weedeaters they'er the best
    get the 260 it should have enough power to do most jobs .
    EB360 blower 3 yrs no problems plenty of power .always buy the most powerful blower cleanup is where you can make good time with a powerful blower.$$$Buy the best fix the rest!