a good w/b mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nathan101, Aug 13, 2006.

1. nathan101

nathan101 LawnSite Member
    from florida

im in the market looking for a walk behind mower because the riding tractor im using now i have to go over the grass twice to make it look nice.yes i sharpen the blades put still no help.so i just wanted your guys fedback on w/b that would leave a nice clean cut.

ps. i was reading on the quick 36.but worried about it not cuting good and wont be able to return it unless i pay shipping.theres a dealer downtown selling a snapper 32" hydro with 14hp kawaski. $2487.00 with tax

2. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

From everything I've ever heard about it- the Quick 36 is an awsome machine. Personally, I don't own one. But from what I've heard, you wouldn't ever want to return it. You may want to check out this thread:http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=149557
    Hope this helps.

3. nathan101

from florida

are they good when it comes to cutting 5-7 inches of grass mulching

4. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

They are perfect machines... I would deff order one tommm!!!!!

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

That is a tough application, better go get a 36" Scag Hydro with floating deck. Problem is the Scag cost about double what you want to pay. Maybe a 32" Scag WB with belt drive and get 15hp engine on it.

6. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldnt cut 5 to 7 inches of at a time anyways!!!!

7. nathan101

from florida

ok then how about 4-5 inches. i just want to know the limit hight of grass i can cut so i know what i can expect when i do buy one. i only do about 6-8 houses a week and there about 1-4 to 1/2 acre of grass.i cut there grass every two weeks.i live in central florida so the grass gets pretty long.should i shorten the time to 10 days or every week

8. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Do you have a Cub Cadet dealer in town??? If so go check them out. Great mowers!!!:cool2:

9. nathan101

from florida

yeah but its more money and it gear driven.the riding tractor i was talking about in the first post was made by cub cadet

10. nathan101

from florida