A Great Man Rests.

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting, Dec 17, 2007.

1. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

Today we all lost a truly remarkable man.

Please take a moment and reflect on what this one individual has done to change all of our lives....

May you rest in peace Mr. William J. Locklin

"Earlier this morning Bill Locklin was called home. I ask each of you, his dear friends, to pray for him, his wife Lavesta, and, all his family during this sad time. I encourage you to remember all of his good works, kind deeds, words of encouragement, sage advice, and direct challenges to be better at everything in your life. Family meant a lot to Bill and you were all part of his extended family. Bill was like a second dad to me as I know he was to many of you. I grieve along with you. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers." Rob DiShino.

2. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Rest in Peace my friend.

3. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member

Bill was an icon in this industry, God rest his soul.

4. klkanders

klkanders LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I did not have the pleasure to have met him. From what I understand he had earned the respect of many. Thats good enough for me. We would all be lucky to come close.

5. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

I was so shocked to hear this today. Bill Locklin pionered our industry and without him it would have been impossible for it to be as popular and as succesfull as it was with him. He is an icon who's legacy will live forever. Rest in peace Bill and may God bless your family.

Joey D.
    Unique Lighting Systems

6. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

Sad to see him go, but I'm sure the pearly gates he walks through are illuminated beyond his wildest dreams. Farewell Bill! You will be missed by many.

7. pete scalia

pete scalia LawnSite Senior Member

We have lost a legend. God rest his soul.

8. INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting LawnSite Platinum Member

From my visit with Bill - December 2006.

Trip to Redlands 2006-19.jpg

9. seolatlanta

seolatlanta LawnSite Member

I was just reading his book last night - I was thinking of how much he has to teach and how he really created an industry. He had made many mistakes along with so many great awesome things and wrote about them and how a mistake is an opportunity for growth.

I heard he had a book out a while back. So I called the office and requested a copy and I got an autographed copy in the mail 3 days later.

He wrote-
    "David- Thanks so much for being my friend."

If you read the book he stresses friends doing business with friends.

10. johnh

johnh LawnSite Member

The book is definitely a good read, many lessons to learn, both in and between the lines. Bill certainly was an icon, a philanthropist, a mentor and a friend. He will be dearly missed. His legacy lives on.
    JH