A Landscaper wins the winning ticket!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by nobagger, Oct 22, 2005.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

A landscaper wins the 340 MILLION PowerBall lackpot. Thats awesome! Maybe he could buy me some new equipment.LOL Its nice to hear someone won that already isn't a retired doctor with millions in the bank, or a 98 year old rich grandmother. Well if he is a member in here good luck to you. Have fun and buy some nice equipment.

2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

ummmmm, why would he buy new equipment, with $300 million bucks? i'd go to my customers lawns, wearing a white tuxedo and smokin a 12 inch cuban cigar, and discharge grass all over thier cars, every week, till they "fired" me

3. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobby--- now that is not nice :-( . Those folks who trusted you with their lawns and vegetation are the ones who have supported your business and made you what you are.

How about giving your business assets to one of the trainees you have been working with recently. Or maybe donating all the operating equipment to the Salvation Army . The Salvation Army donation could be deducted on your Income Taxes.

With 300 Million you are gonna need a tax break. Oh by the way if you were a 300 Million Dollar winner I'd be willing to bet the Hot Dog Stand would never come about.

Nosmo

4. bobbygedd

from NJ

a tax break? how much of my $300 mil will go to tax?

5. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

6. bobbygedd

from NJ

oh, that would only leave me with $150 million. not enough to retire, get a new mower, and send all your clients a fruit basket

7. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I would continue to mow if I won that much money. I would get bored if I just sat around and I enjoy mowing.

8. CuttingCrew

CuttingCrew LawnSite Member

I love mowing and firefighting too, but I also love cruising the Caribbean islands!!!

9. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Much more fun to cruise and R&D as to how all the resorts do their maintenance. :)

10. The landscaper

The landscaper LawnSite Senior Member

You would still have all the winter months for that anyway.