1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

A Lawn Driveway?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC, Dec 8, 2011.

1. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

it a turf stone. we have put them in several times they hold up great and it another way to have a parking space without making it a concrete jungle. you can drive on them and u get no rutting.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know, I was just a passerby and thought it was interesting, looks more like the circle grass pavers mentioned earlier in the posts...
  3. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Wow, interesting for sure
  4. Swampy

Swampy LawnSite Bronze Member

Its been around for years just not that popular, snow plow would have to much fun with it.
  5. Stephen M.

Stephen M. LawnSite Member

I did the irrigation system for one of those a few years back. The homeowner was a commercial building architect who installed the plastic geogrid on his driveway. It was the code alternative to installing a bioswale on the lower part of his property.

I got the landscape maintenance contract for the completed project so I was able to observe the results over the long haul. The results were less than stellar. After a couple of days of driving on it when he blew into town, it took weeks for the driveway to recover when he left town.

I think the old concrete grass paver did a better job at spreading the wear and tear.
  6. professional

professional LawnSite Member

I have a church that has a product called grassy pave. It is supposed to have the results of the pics. It doesn't. It is all but impossible to get grass to grow through the summer months, and you can imagine how well that goes in the winter. It does not rut, though, no matter how much rain we get. Very difficult to plow, too. They have a product called gravel pave. Same concept, just gravel. I would feel it should work better.
  7. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Very cool. I have seen this in turf before in the back but have never seen it in real life, let alone a picture like this. Good idea, but as someone said before that would be bad if the homeowner wanted it cleared for snow...
  8. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Never seen this before:confused:,kinda neat.
  9. alexschultz1

alexschultz1 LawnSite Bronze Member

talk about going green..
  10. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a house I look after, that had a cement grass paver installed, about 10 years ago. We cut it shorter, and trim once a year to maintain.( Which was when this pic was taken, hard to see when normal) This is used for overflow, and visitors parking. We 2 stage snow blow it till New-years day, then leave it till spring.