a lawn mower recommendation

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by bermudaclay, Feb 14, 2008.

1. bermudaclay

bermudaclay LawnSite Member
    from atl, ga

I've been lurking these forums for a while and finally decided to post something. I don't have a question YET because I've been able to find answers by browsing back, but I do have a recommendation for anyone who's looking for a lawnmower. I'm not sure if it's okay to post this here or not, but about a year ago I took a chance and bought a lawnbott robotic lawnmower.

I know it sounds weird, but I must to say that every since I've been using it, my lawn has been healthier and I now have more time to do other stuff in the yard that I actually enjoy - like gardening.

Before I gave my push lawn mower away, I mowed once every other week and sometimes once every 3rd week which I know isn't frequent enough. But my lawnbott can mow the lawn EVERY SINGLE DAY! Since the clippings are much smaller (when it mulches) this is supposed to help the clippings degrade quicker? Maybe that's why. It doesn't mow when its raining unless you want it to - its very smart and independent.

Anyway, if you're in the market for a lawn mower, I really suggest trying one of these before you do. Its not as risky as before because they actually have a 30 day money back trial at www.lawnbotts.com which they didn't have when I bought mine. They also have a 2.0 model that can mow 2 acres yards. I have the evolution model which handles my 1 acre lawn perfectly. My grass looks like its freshly cut all season long.

I'm VERY pleased with my mower and I enjoy the freedom to take care of the gardening and spend more time doing stuff I enjoy while the robot mows the lawn. It's especially nice when the neighbors are out in 90+ degree temps cutting grass while I'm out on the lake. :usflag:

It's' almost spring time here and I'm about to put it back outside and not have to think about cutting grass all season again. I just LOVE IT!

I'm sharing this because not many people even know these exist and I haven't seen any discussions about them here yet. It took me about 5 hours to install it - you have to peg a low voltage wire around the yard. It's a one time installation so it's no big deal.

I'd imagine that once word gets out, they'll be a lot more common but they are kinda pricey. I paid $2,499 for mine - well worth it in my opinion. If you're like me and don't mind trimming the yard and taking care of the other stuff but don't care for pushing or riding the loud, smelly mower around - you'll probably love it too and be glad you got one.

Jim

2. Mic_bug

Mic_bug LawnSite Member
    from N.B. MI

Can it stripe my lawn?

3. bermudaclay

from atl, ga

LOL! It doesn't do stripes. I thought I would miss the stripes but I don't miss them at all. It leaves a smooth crew cut look. Like a sea of grass. It's hard to explain but it looks wonderful.

What you will get is a lot of time. I guess everything has its trade offs. You don't realize how much time you waste mowing the lawn until you don't have to do it anymore. I've redone the flowerbed and a lot of other things that I didn't do because I just didn't have time.

4. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost ??

5. Heatman

Heatman LawnSite Member

I'd imagine that once word gets out, they'll be a lot more common but they are kinda pricey. I paid $2,499 for mine - well worth it in my opinion. If you're like me and don't mind trimming the yard and taking care of the other stuff but don't care for pushing or riding the loud, smelly mower around - you'll probably love it too and be glad you got one.

6. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

WEll Jim, That sort of machine someday, may put a dent in a guys biz.

7. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

sounds like someone is working for Lawnbott...

8. bermudaclay

from atl, ga

Not at all. I just love the product enough to spread the word. I'm just amazed at how many people don't know about them. You have no idea how much this little device has changed my life. It's the best $2,500 I spent. I go boating a lot more, play golf more and spend more time with my family on weekends instead mowing grass.

I don't think these robots will replace landscaping companies either. When digital cameras, video cameras and computers became popular among consumers, some people thought it would threaten the professional photography & videography industry. That didn't happen. In fact the professional photography industry has gotten more popular because people now appreciate the pros more.

If I were in the lawn business I wouldn't fear robotic lawnmowers because someone still has to do the edges, trim the hedges and all the other work. And if the average robotic lawnmower customer is like me, they wouldn't have desired to hire a lawn company in the first place. I actually enjoy doing the rest of the yard work now that I have time.

9. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know about anyone else, but I think most guys on here would agree that we are all anxious for spring, so we can get out on our Z's and stripe it up. I have to much fun on the Hustler to give it for a robot. Plus this thing would be worthless for spring and fall clean ups. Most Z's can cut a acre lot in 30-45 mins, so just how much time out of your life is that. :rolleyes:

10. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

I wonder, could you send it out to chop up the leaves everyday?