a lawncare store???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, Nov 10, 2004.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING.....

if you were given a small store, say 2000 sqft indoors, with a driveway, and decent size garage, and a 40 x 15 back yard...

what could you possibly do with it in this business? I guess you could keep all your office work there. clients can come in there and discuss work maybe. supplies in the garage , truck in the driveway, and whatever in the back yard. But what, if anything could you use the store for? Nice front window with lights... awning etc.

2. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

Well, If you want to get the proper license to sell materials like fert and weed control you could market it as a lawncare store for homeowners and such. Maybe have other goodies like lawn furniture, hanging baskets, etc.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I would use it as a sales office. Have displays on hand and examples of work to show potential customers.

4. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

what type of displays you think? like pictures of plants, and rock and stone sample? mulch samples? retaining wall brick samples? pictures of lawns maintained?

5. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

I think 2000 sq. feet is too little to be a landscape store. Also, the yard is small, so nothing big can fit in it. I mean, you can barely go in with a 5 yard dump truck to dump some top soil.

Also, if it is in residential area, noone will even stop by. Would you go into a landscape store to see what they can do for you? I would not. I'd call them up, have them show me pictures of their projects in the comfort of my own home. Then i will take them to the back yard and point out where i want the stones (as an example).

It would be way too big for an office. I use my 10x10 spare room for an office.

6. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Adam, we are thinking of moving into a new space in March, and will be doing something similar. The primary use of the building will be for an office (30 X 15) and presentation area. There is a 2 bay 30 X 60 garage behind it. There is a little(60 X 20) area beside the garage we are going to use for product diplays, such as a walk with different materials, retaining wall with different color stone / caps, and we'll light it all with Kichler lights of different popular varieties. I will also keep some stone samples and mulch samples there as well. Then we'll plant the remaining areas with popular shrub / perennials / annuals used in many of our designs. It will give the client a "touch and feel" they can not get from looking through our portfolio.