A lesson for every one

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by aceman71, Feb 21, 2006.

1. aceman71

aceman71 LawnSite Member

I just found out one of my competitors has been going around and lowballing prices to some of my biggest clients. On some of them he was about half of my price..I haven't lost one yet! I just finished my 2nd yr and made well into the six figures. Don't let the grubby, scrubbys get to you!!:
  2. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

welcome to the site. Now.... don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. This happens all the time to most of us on here and the last I heard we are not to use the word "lowballer" or "scrub".
  3. P & L Turf

P & L Turf LawnSite Senior Member

Theres a big company around here that does that same thing. The one thing they're known for is picking one one guy in particular every season until they've pretty much taken every job that, that guys got. Then when the guys really hurt-in they come in and try to buy them out. They just tried this to my old boss last year, but hes got one thing going for him. Hes good friends with a lot of local home builders. So hes always got new subs and condos to do. Alls I can say is good luck! Hopefully your customers realize how good of a job you do and they'll figure a price that low will affect the quality of the job left behind.
  4. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

Hopefully your customers just laughed at their lower price. One customer this year came to me while i was mowing and showed me a flier of another lawn guy and made a joke about him being lower and how he spelt all these words wrong and wanted 50 percent down payment and all this other b.s.. He wanted 20 or 25 and i get 50 for that lawn. Takes me 15 minutes.
  5. smarino21

smarino21 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey PL turf i live in Shelby Twp. I do alot of work in the Rochester Area and Shelby along with a few more. I got a feelingi know who your talking about with the low bidding and that. PM me back well tallk. ill try to pm u put it never works