A lesson learned..........

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Latigo, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Latigo

Latigo LawnSite Member

So, we bought the mulching kit for the new Super B. Test proved it worked incredibly well....... so off the the neighbor's to cut a fire path through his Timothy grass. Little did we know.......... This triple bladed 60" deck with the mulching option installed created such an insane updraft that every little bit of debris was sucked up inside and cremated! No problem intil we passed over a heavy piece of old, rusted metal buried under the grass thatch. Whoah! The noise scared the bejesus out of me!
    I stopped, lifted the deck (barely! Heavy sucker!) and found no damage whatsoever. Amazing. I informed the customer that he could clear the fire lane or pay us to clear it before mowing. He opted for us to do it.
    The suction of this deck is insane. The positive thing is that every blade of grass is standing straight up under the deck.
    Buying this thing is the best move I've made in a long time.

[​IMG]

Latigo

2. zemzabob

zemzabob LawnSite Senior Member

That things looks awesome very nice, glad there was no damage to it.

3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

who's the cowboy? Is that you? :) Nice mower by the way. I'd be SOOOO pissed if that happened to me.

4. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

That thing is pretty. Is their a foot pedal for lifting the deck while mowing or does it just stay where you set it and you work around obstacles?