A Lil advice to the new guys!!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by KrayzKajun, Jun 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RWI

RWI Banned
    from GA

There is always an exception... period. Ever heard of Just mow it in Texas?

2. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Never heard of em

3. RWI

RWI Banned
    from GA

4. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I always meet the customer, never over the phone pricing. Until this year, with my recent health issue's I don't care if I get new customer's. I'll just maintain the one's I have.

5. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Sounds like a brickman type company with low overhead due to low wage cost. Not saying their not good but nothing beats walking a property and talking to a customer 1 on 1. This not only builds up trust and a relationship, but also allows you to upsell other work. People are looking for the easiest and fastest ways these days, doesnt mean they are the best

6. RWI

RWI Banned
    from GA

As a general rule you are right. But I have several clients I have never met.

7. LBOperator

LBOperator LawnSite Member

I'm a new guy and I agree to walk a property if your not certain what it is. I bid my first one last week and just did a quick fly by and it's a nightmare. If I had of walked it I would have felt the 2 foot ruts covered in foot tall grass and the 45 minutes of trimming I had to do, lol. But if your quoting someone in a neighborhood you know, and it's all really nice and you can at least see the square footage, and again not new but a seasoned guy than you could probably do an area map bid, but not new guys, I'm a living testament to that.

8. newguy123

newguy123 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have to disagree with you on this sir...at least in my market. I've noticed that the first to provide a quote usually seals the deal, and that's without meeting the prospect.

Overall, one needs to know their market very well for over the phone quotes/email quotes.

9. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

........ because they hire "imported labor" who are paid per job, their setup is impressive but unless you have their volume many of their systems wouldn't work.

10. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

Having money to run a business right seems to be the best way no matter what the model type. Of course I'm speaking from what I think not cause I'm doing it.LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.